George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

My daughter owns a 2003 Tiburon, car starts fine everywhere

Customer Question

My daughter owns a 2003 Tiburon, car starts fine everywhere except after refueling. Is the problem similar to all the Sonatas that need a purge volume control valve replaced I've been reading about, or are we looking at something different.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She said she has to start the car numerous times to keep it running and after 4-5 times or about 5 minutes, it finally takes off. Like I said, it never bothers at any other time during regular operation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...

Does this vehicle have the 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder engine?