Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Both lo beam head lights went out at the same time, beams

Customer Question

Both lo beam head lights went out at the same time, hi beams work. 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replaced fuses under hood and dash looked at one bulb looked good ....I was wondering about a relay
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a headlamp relay on interior fuse box which has probably failed. Here is a diagram of fuse box to help you locate, let me know if you have more questions. thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9sm4cay8x5f9uk/headrelay.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dan, that does not look familiar
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

The repair manual doesn't show a very good picture, if you locate owners manual you should be able to find a better diagram of headlight relay. Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I can look more for a different diagram. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The diagram says it's a passenger side fuse box mine is located on the drivers side
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

This says passenger compartment which just means on the interior, it does not mean on passenger side. Let me know if you run into more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is the nomenclature for the relay
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I'm not really sure what you are asking. It is the headlamp relay as shown in diagram on back side of interior fuse box. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.