George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Rob we have a 2008 Santa FE, the latch on the center console

Customer Question

Rob we have a 2008 Santa FE, the latch on the center console does not work and i can't figure how to even get at it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: on the center console, there are two latches for the tow compartments that open. one does not lock. i tried to take it appart but had no luck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 8 months ago.

Hello, not sure if you will be able to repair it but you can replace those without replacing the entire console.