rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

When your driving down the road it all of a sudden will die.

Customer Question

When your driving down the road it all of a sudden will die. When it does the check engine light will come on. Sometines it will restart in 15 mins other times it has taken an hour. So far we have changed the coil, spark plugs and wires, valve cover gasket, fuel filter, fuel pump, cam position sensor and the engine coolent tempture sensor. So far nothing has worked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far we have replaced the coil, spark plugs and wires, valve cover gasket, fuel filter, fuel pump, cam position sensor and the engine coolant tempeture sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: nothing has worked. it has 230,000 miles on it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Instead of replacing all these components, you need to attache a scan tool to the system and check the codes and DATA from the PCM. This will tell you what direction to go to next. This can even be a security issue so we can check that too with the scan tool.

Thanks, Ron