Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

The ac/heater fan is not working in my 2012 sonata, when I

Customer Question

the ac/heater fan is not working in my 2012 sonata
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I turn the control on for the fan it doesn't work no air coming through the vents
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing not sure if its the fan or the resistor
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Hyundai Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Hyundai Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Hyundai Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

HI there,

Do you have a test light or a volt meter so we can do some testing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no I do not have a volt meter
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Ok

Well, start by checking the blower fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. If the blower is getting power, it will get it from this fuse. The switch on the dash is used to ground the fan, this makes the fan turn on with the resistor in between to slow it down on the lower settings. Without a meter it's difficult to tell which all is bad.

But if the fuse is blown, that will stop the whole thing from working. Normally the resistor will prevent the fan from working at any speed but full.

Also check the A/con fuse in the fuse box inside the car. If it's bad, then the relay won't work and the fan won't kick on.

Please check these and let me know.