rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2010 Hyundai Elantra. Error code is P0440. Replaced the

Customer Question

2010 Hyundai Elantra. Error code is P0440. Replaced the Canister Purge Valve to no avail. Trying to determine the next course of action.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: little difficult to start after filling up with gas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
The vent valve is probably bad seeing that it won't vent for you. It's obviously running rich causing this. You can check all of this with a scan tool too.

Thanks, Ron