peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have hyndai 2008 GLS v6 car, and i had oil change very

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i have hyndai 2008 GLS v6 car
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and i had oil change very recently
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: as soon as i changed the oil pressure low light comes up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i took to the mechanic and he says that there is an oil cap housing which is missing. But i confirmed that there was no such part while i was replacing my Oil. How come the low oil pressure light appeared now while it didnt appear during the previous oil changes. And now my engine check light appears. Please provide me a solution.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In the picture is it this component that is missing or part of it that is missing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
in the picture there is a sketch mark that has been marked. that is missing. The part underneath the cap which is marked is missing.

Can you post the model of this car here?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hyundai sonata 2008 V6 GLS

O.k.,it looks like your oil cap and housing are all o.k. as shown here this is how yours is set up.You want to replace the O rings on the cap as well as the filter when changing oil as this causes low oil pressure.If you did not replace the O rings I would start with this.If these were replaced then an actual engine oil pressure test needs done to see if you have a faulty oil pressure sensor which may have failed suddenly for no reason when the oil was changed.The oil change wouldnt have caused the oil pressure sensor to fail but the sensor can fail on its own and cause this and may just be a coincedence with the oil change.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgfsa1fppggqi0i/oil-03-24.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete