Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 0449 code and when I go to fill the car with gas it

Customer Question

I have a 0449 code and when I go to fill the car with gas it spills out even tho I'm on E are the two related?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

The P0449 is pointing to a problem with the Canister Close Valve or a clogged EVAP Canister Filter. Both of which can cause the fuel to spit back out while refueling the vehicle. The Canister Close Valve is located on the fuel filler neck. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the lines for any cracks or holes. The Canister is located under the vehicle, near the fuel tank. Inspect the filter. If dirty, rinse and replace. Inspect the Canister for any dent,s cracks or holes. Inspect the lines for any cracks, holes or disconnections. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the Canister Close Valve. For an image location view of these items, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p46d9qujccsta4k/son449.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.