George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

My Airbag light went ON and won't go OFF, even when paying a

Customer Question

My Airbag light went ON and won't go OFF, even when paying a mechanic to reset the code.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what more than what I said before do you need to know? I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 with 107K miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, since I already paid $49 to have the codes reset and it didn't work.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not tried anything other than a mechanic getting paid to reset the warning lights but it didn't work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: Nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 7 months ago.

Hello, if the air bag light is on there is an issue with the air bag system. If resetting the code didn't work that indicates that there is a hard fault. Do you know what the code is?