George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

The coolant is leaking and the car runs hot. there is also a

Customer Question

the coolant is leaking and the car runs hot. there is also a ticking noise
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I started driving the car when it started to run hot. I stopped and put some coolant in. the indicator for the tempture was all the way hot. I stopped and looked under the car and the coolant was leaking bad. when I got home I checked the level of the coolant and it was almost gone. I filled it up to the low mark and let the car sit. I just took it for a spin arund the block twice. there was a ticking nosie that slowed down and speed up as the car did. the coolant indicator fluctuated between the half mark between hot and col and the nest notch going to hot.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have replaced coolant, that's it
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Hyundai Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Hyundai Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Hyundai Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 months ago.

Hello, first I need the year?model?engine? and what is the rough location of the leak?