Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I purchased my 2014 Hyundai genesis rspec 5.0 w/ slight l/f

Customer Question

I purchased my 2014 Hyundai genesis rspec 5.0 w/ slight l/f damage. Installed used l/f h/l. All h/ls are working and bright & aimed forward . I have a dash icon AFLS which is for adaptive h/l system. Went to dealer. In less than an hr they said r/f h/l working properly left to right & up & down. L/s has no power to h/l. Have no adaptive on l/s. No left to right or up & down. How can dealer diagnose this in 1.0 time when it took me hours to gain access to h/l. Is there any way a tech. can diagnose and repair this w/o Hyundai software and also remove icon on dash. Is there any fuses or relays specifically for either l/f or r/f adaptive. Thanks artie***@******.***
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

90% or more of the electronics in your vehicle is controlled by one of the many on board computers. This means that diagnosing is done with a factory level scan tool to communicate with them as well as do various testing thru them using command functions. This is why they are able to diagnose it without removing anything to get to the lighting systems.

There simply is no way to diagnose the adaptive lighting system without the proper scan tool and no way to repair, program, or erase the fault codes that set the light.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
although my reply was prompt, it had no use to me. I wasted $20.00 to be told there is nothing you can do for me except go to the stealership. You are no help at all. thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Sorry, I am not the one the designed and engineered your vehicle. Nor can I help it that the issue you have right now REQUIRES the use of a factory level scan tool. I guess I could have lied to you and gave you a bs method that wouldnt work, but I assumed you were actually wanting an accurate and honest answer. Have a good weekend