Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Trunk switch on door not working, Key fob opens trunk but

Customer Question

Trunk switch on door not working
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Key fob opens trunk but door switch wont
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: Just installed 3 Guage pod
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  thomas hill replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** to me the door trunk switch is bad if it works with the key fob we know the electrical is good from the bcm to the latch and the latch is working if you want to be shore you can remove the door panel and disconnect the switch connector and use a screwdriver and touch the pins in the connector together and the trunk should pop open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car thinks trunk is open and emergency brake is on. Neither are. Gas cap opens with door switch, trunk doesnt. No sound of latch releasing when pushed. Had just installed a new Guage pod and worried somehow I messed up some wiring. Makes no sense. Maybe the relay?

I think I'm going to open this up for other experts I don't think I can help with after market wiring. Thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Have you screwed into some panel (console or dash) when fitting your extra gauge?

Can you post a picture of what you have added?

Sounds like the handbrake switch and boot ajar switch wiring are grounded since your install.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Do you still need help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Regards

Gary