George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

The Malfunction symbol came on in my Hyundai 2011 Santa Fe.

Customer Question

The Malfunction symbol came on in my Hyundai 2011 Santa Fe. It is running just fine. The manual lists the symbol but gives no indication what it means. Can you help?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Nothing really. Everything has been very good. I drove it earlier and filled it up. NO issues. Had to go out just now and while driving a short distance to do a pick up the light vame on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I need to drive my wife to an appointment this evening. I want to know if it is safe to operate it. I'll probably have the dealer fix it. I'm elderly and not as handy as I once was.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: Nothing. It has been serviced regularly and absolutely no prior issues.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 8 months ago.

Hello, can you describe what the light looks like to me?

Maybe you can pick it out from this chart, it is attached under this message, just click the link.