Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

Mmname is ***** *****, my question is can I safely tow my

Customer Question

Mmname is ***** *****, my question is can I safely tow my Sonata 2.0t behind my RV.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I would like to flat tow my sonata behind my RV for a long distance w/o ruining my tranny
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 11 months ago.

Thanks you for allowing me to help you with this concern today. The answer is no that you cannot tow your Sonata behind you RV unless all 4 wheels are OFF the ground. This is per Hyundai as stated in your Owners manual. Please don't be too mad as almost EVERY auto manufacturer says the same thing. It basically comes down to liability and if a problem arises from doing this, Hyundai will deny any warranty coverage. Here is their stated position...

That being said, your local RV dealer and accessories department may tell you otherwise.

Please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars) and know that I strive to give Excellent Service!