George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

My 2006 hyundai accent starts fine and then will stall when

Customer Question

my 2006 hyundai accent starts fine and then will stall when i'm at lights. Previous to this is would have difficulty starting after putting gas in it. I would have to rev the engine several times then it would be fine. I forgot to close the gas cap the other day and noticed the light when it came on. I closed the gas cap and this is when it started stalling if i was not giving it gas. I changed the fuel pump but it is still stalling. Any suggestions?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The purge system has a valve up front that is connected to the intake manifold. If you pinch off this hose does it still stall?

Try this and let me know what happens

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm unable to get to it right now but if I pinch it and the car stalls what can I expect it the problem.

You will need to plug or pinch the hose from the purge valve under and to the reart of the throttle body and see if the stalling stops. It sounds like the purge valve and charcoal canister will need to be replaced if the stalling ceases when you have the vacuum line blocked.

Let me know what I can do to help

Thank you