George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have the similar ticking noise on my 2002 HY Accent. It

Customer Question

I have the similar ticking noise on my 2002 HY Accent. It happens when in drive and upon acceleration. When I start slowing down it is more apparent and it also slows down the ticking/tapping noise. It doesn't make the noise at all when stopped. I lift the hood when it is parked and it does not make the noise. Only when the car is moving and wheels are turning.
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Hyundai Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I am a 57 yr old female...lol
JA: OK! The Hyundai Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: It is my sons car. I have had someone here at my work look at it. I work for Peterbilt and it was back in our shop this morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Hyundai Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Can you tell if the noise is coming from the left or right front?

Does the noise change if you make turns?

Let me know and I will try to help

Thanks