George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3. I have put in a new

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3. I have put in a new battery, new alternator and new starter and it still won't crank! It won't take a jump and only clicks one time when i try to start it....what in the world could the problem be? I am just beside myself! Please help!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Let me ask a couple of questions first.

1. Is the security system doing anything weird? Do you have a spare key to try?

2. Try it in neutral and rake the stick back to L then neutral again.

3. Do you have a scanner, you can check for any codes possibly?

I will pull the wiring diagram and begin my research at this time. Thank you.

Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.

First check the fuse labelled START in the instrument panel fuse box. Then, pull the relay out in the underhood fuse panel. labelled START. check the pins, see if any are burned looking or smell the relay and see if it smells burned.

In the relay socket, 1 pin should have constant GROUND, 1 pin should be HOT at all times, and 1 pin should be HOT with key ON. other pin goes to starter motor. See if you get 1 pin in the STARTER relay socket HOT with key in START position. If you can jump the relay at the pin that is Hot at all times, to the pin that goes to the starter motor, motor should crank then. Check this wiring diagram and fuse box diagram. Let me know what you find there.

Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.

Note Start Relay is in upper right hand corner in the fuse box diagram.

Here is the START circuit wiring diagram. Check that 10 amp fuse for power with key ON in the fuse labelled START in the instrument panel fuse box.