Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Matt I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT with some 02 sensor

Customer Question

matt I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT with some 02 sensor code problems
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. The 2.7 v6 has an injen cold air intake system and full DC sport exhaust (no cats). I have 4 codes being thrown P1166 P1167 P0420 and P0103.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know it could be vacuum and if that is a common issue, where would I go to look? Are my o2 sensors likely bad? Do I need a spacer of the downstream o2 sensors since I don't have a catalytic converter so 'fool' the computer?
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, the first thing you need to do is install spacers in the O2 sensors between them and the pipe. Use spark plug non-foulers and drill out the ends of them and use 2 per O2 sensor(see attachment).

Clear the codes and if they come back, we will need to check for a vacuum leak.