Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1 diagnostics, 32 years. Electrical expert
13677702

I have a 09 sonata and the hazard lights and turn signal

Customer Question

I have a 09 sonata and the hazard lights and turn signal stopped working. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and it immediately blew again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Randall C replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this could be a bit tricky , dealing with any possible shorts so.. when does the fuse blow? turns on? one direction? hazards on? or something else

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just pluged in a new fuse and it blew before I turned anything on

what actual fuse is blowing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the hazard fuse

ok, near certain the flasher is the problem, It is shorted internally, It is behind the crash panel below the sterring column. It is a small box with like 8 wires to it, Pics are not the best but all that is offered to send, I have 2 links attached, One for repair, one pic for location, There is nothing between fuse and the flasher so I have to lean to flasher unit

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have thought it was the flasher as well I just haven't been able to find it. I have the crash pad off and I've looked everywhere with a light and I can't find a black box like the one in the pic/diagram.

Its there, Just hard for me not being there, Its kind of tucked back, I cant remember on left or right, Maybe take a picture of the area with pad removed, I t may help me

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
here are some pics. I don't see a box with 8 wires going to it

I guess I can not help, the pics do not help and I cant remember each location for all so i will opt out

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks for trying. hopefully someone knows where this thing is.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I haven't gotten a response from anyone. Has this issue been referred to a new mechanic?