Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2010 4 cylinder. I have been

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2010 4 cylinder. I have been having the following problems:
1. The engine had been misfiring
2. After replacing the spark plugs 3 times I still had the problem.
3. The spark plugs were changed out ever 3 months, yet they looked as if they were in there for years.
4. I would burn through oil by about 1 quart every month.
I tried replacing all 4 ignition coils today. I ordered them from Amazon and they looked good.
changed the oil, plugs, and coils this morning. Took it for a test drive. It started with no problems. Drove fine for about two miles and then the following problems occurred in this order.
1. I reset the MPG indicator to see if I would get better mileage. I noticed after 1.5 miles it stopped updating.
2. ESP light came on indicating a failure in that system after 3 miles.
3. Pulled over and turned car off. So far it drove just fine.
4. After 10 minutes I turned it back on ESP light still on, began to drive back home.
5. At 2 miles the RPM indicator needle stop working and sat at 0. Engine running fine.
6. At three miles the check engine light came on.
7. Tried to accelerate and lost acceleration and vehicle began to slow down on its own.
8. Pulled over and turned off for 2 minutes. Not far from home. Turned it back on just fine. ESP light and engine light were on.
9. Drove home just fine.
any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

First thing, I need to know all the codes the are stored?

While running with the headlights, blower and wipers on is the battery voltage 13-15 volts?

While running, with the oil cap off, is there alot of air blowing out?

Current miles?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, took the car to get a code read on the check engine light. Got P0335, Crankshaft sensor error. Based on all the symptoms and the error code I believe it needs to be replaced. I looked for a video that showed this for a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, but couldn't find anything. Could you supply me with the steps to swap out this wire??
Thank you.

Thanks, ***** ***** a link to the CKP sensor location so you can replace it and the file includes what the sensor should show on a scan tool. Which wire are you wanting to swap?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/santaCKP.pdf

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris