Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

, I have a 2006 Santa Fe and the check engine light

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2006 Santa Fe and the check engine light came on. I had 2 different people diagnose it as a code P2122. One tells me it is an Accelerator Pedal Sensor and the other says it it a Throttle/Pedal Position D & E
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The P2122 is pointing to a problem in the Electronic Throttle System. The ETS (Electronic Throttle System) is the throttle body whose throttle angle is controlled by control module. It consists of ETS unit, ETS-motor, Accelerator Position Sensor (APS),Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and Limp home valve. Among above-mentioned parts , APS consists of APS1, APS2 and idle switch which detects the closed throttle position. When a driver steps on the gas pedal, the output signal of APS1 is sent to ETS unit and that of APS2 is sent to the PCM. And then the PCM sends throttle valve target opening value to ETS unit after calculating from signals such as APS and other input values. The ETS unit controls ETS motor to meet PCM's throttle valve target opening value. If the signal voltage of APS1 is lower than threshold value, then P2122 is set.
So, most commonly with the P2122 will be a problem with the Acceleration Position Sensor. The APS is located under the hood, in the driver's side corner of the engine compartment. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the APS usually solves the problem. For an image location view of the APS, click here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/xagyfmkwov8qaxl/aps1.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.