rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I just changed the spark plugs, ignition coils, O2 sensor

Customer Question

I just changed the spark plugs, ignition coils, O2 sensor Bank 1 sensor1, and the ignition misfire sensor and cleared all the codes on the car. the check engine light is off and has remained off for 80+miles. The car is idling a little rough about 800rpm. How can I clear this up and make it idle smoother?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You can try to clean the throttle body and MAF sensor, but it would be better to find out what the real reason is and why by use of a scan tool and reading the trims.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I thought the throttle body cleaning may be an issue. Although before I changed all the parts and the check engine light wa on, it wasn't running this rough. I rechecked all plug connections etc.I have a Carmd scanner and it shows no codes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Not looking for codes, looking for fuel trims like I said.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.