Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a XGHyundai, I have a problem with the idling on my

Customer Question

I have a XG(###) ###-####Hyundai, I have a problem with the idling on my car, when the car is cold it will start but will not idle it will keeping dying unless I rev the engine once the engine warms it will idle fine. we Have replaced the crank sensor and the ignition sensor.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Is your check engine light coming on and if so are the any fault code setting?

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

One very common cause for the stalling problem you are having can be caused by sludge build up in the throttle body . Try disconnecting the negative battery cable and then take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body and throttle plates a good cleaning. After doing so, reconnect the negative cable, start the engine and let it idle for about 15 minutes to allow the computer to re-learn the closed throttle values. Give this a try and let me know the results.