George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

2005 hyndia elantra automatic doesnt go into gear allthe

Customer Question

2005 hyndia elantra automatic doesnt go into gear allthe time thinking its the inhibitor switch ,cable or some other linkage problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car was fine till alt belt wentand it overheated got that all fixed newrad and thermostat fluid in trans smells n looks good so i dont think its slipping trans control module code was tripped on computer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 10 months ago.

Hello, do you happn to have the code it set?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no but there were two for the trans the one was the controlmodule for the trans the kid that checked it didnt write itdown. I am goin to have to run it again . could plugged cooing lines do this i put barr leak in it before i changed the rad and thats when i started having problems

Thanks, ***** ***** can get the codes that would help. If a line were blocked the fluid would overheat and smell burnt. So you may be ok there. The codes will help give us the direction to go in.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok ill see if i can get it back over to his shop thank you

Sounds good, look forward to hearing from you then.