peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Iam trying to open my trunk but the battery is dead it's a

Customer Question

Iam trying to open my trunk but the battery is dead it's a huyandi 2015 genesis
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and see if the trunk lid has a trunk cylinder that a key can insert into to open it.Most have a manual cylinder that can be used to release the trunk when the battery is dead.If it does not check under the hood for jump start connections or battery re charge connections as some models will have these connections to connect jumper cables to,to then give power to the vehicle for the trunk to open.If neither of these are found let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete