Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a Hyundai Sonata V6 made in 2003 and the driver side

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai Sonata V6 made in 2003 and the driver side headlight is completely burnt out. Usually I would ask the family mechanic to fix it but he has been very unreliable and I have not head from him in over a month. So here I am, I remember he had two bulbs he had to put in when my other headlight burnt out. I am not very car savvy when it comes to this kind of stuff so I'm sorry if I don't sound very clear. My orange parking light turns on but otherwise the headlight is entirely burnt out. Can you tell me what kind of bulbs I should buy at the auto store and how to install them?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Ok, here are the part numbers:

Low Beam

(###) ###-####

High Beam

(###) ###-####

Give those numbers to the parts person at your local parts store and they will get you the correct bulbs.

To replace the bulbs, you will need to remove the headlamp assembly. There are three bolts at the top to remove(see attached). Remove them and then pull the headlamp assembly forwards. Now disconnect the wiring harness connector to the bulbs, turn the bulb counterclockwise and pull bulb out from rear of the headlamp assembly. Install new bulb and lock in place by turning clockwise. Push connector onto end of bulb until it clicks into place. Do this for both bulbs. Now reinstall the headlamp assembly

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.