George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I want to remove the roof rack crossbars on a 2007 Tucson.

Customer Question

I want to remove the roof rack crossbars on a 2007 Tucson. The service department at my dealer wasn't able to help
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Randall C replied 10 months ago.

Have you removed the rack side bars? I am a little confused when you ask about crossbars and what you have done and tried

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I have not removed the track bars that run from front to back on roof. I want to remove bars tat go from left to right across the side rails, they do not move. I've found a video that refers a key lock, that removes a cap, exposing a red knob, but my factory installed rack does not have that feature.

to be honest? I have info on how to remove the side bars but not crossbars, If you think side bars must come off first looking at yours, I can send info, if not? then AI have to opt out and open the post, I just cant remember all roof racks unless you want to take a pic and put on this post for me to view, It may help

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I do not want to remove side bars. I only wanted to remove cross bars to make snow removal easier.

I will opt out,. Yours may require side bar on one side to be removed first, Without a pic I cant help, I will open the post

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The diagram that you referred to to remove side bars, shows the placement of cross bars that I want off.