Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

Hyundai 2010 code 456 vent valve replaced code came back

Customer Question

Hyundai 2010 code 456 vent valve replaced code came back smoke test shows no leak
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

May I have the model and engine size of this Hyundai?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2.4 elantra
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Great, thanks!

The P0456 is actually a fairly common Hyundai problem. The most common fail item here is the Purge Control Solenoid Valve. They're very well-known fail items. It's located on the driver's side, rear of the engine, just behind and below the throttle. Carefully inspect the vacuum lines for any cracks, holes or disconnections. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the PCSV usually solves the problem. For an image view of the PCSV location, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzcnkt7e45vraoo/pcsv.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
gonna try will let you know thank you
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

You should be all set. I've seen this all too many times. Glad I could be of some help. Please remember to leave a rating! Have a great day!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check-in and see how you made out. Was the PCSV the problem? Did you have any other questions?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

..