Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Other
Experience:  i have owned my shop for 26 years
14541291

The issue is i have a 02 sonata 2.4 codes output speed

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and the issue is i have a 02 sonata 2.4 codes output speed sensor tranny is in limp mode 3rd grear and will not shift out but all speed sensors have been replaced
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car shifts from first to third wile driving hard shift and that is all it will not shift again till restarted only to do the same thing again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

can you give me the code numbers you are getting?

does the speedometer work?

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
dont know the code numbers but my reader says output speed sensor and the speedometer works fine. everything works fine except it only will not shift out of first untill it goes into limp mode and will not leave
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have replaced all 3 speed sensors on the car so I know that it is not them

ok..the next step is to scan it to get those trouble codes,these codes will give a clue to your problem.

if you dont have a scanner,auto zone and most parts stores will scan it and give you the codes for free.

give me the codes when you get them so i can further assist you

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am an ASE mastertech mechanic. I have already checked all the codes. They are all for input speed sensor or output speed sensor. I have replaced them and they are all new. I don't need to give you the codes, they are all new. I need another option for this problem. If you do not have one, do Not charge me, as I already have this information.

ok,stand by,i will opt out,someone will be right with you