eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

Nanette, just noticed oil on the ground under my 2012

Customer Question

Customer: Nanette, just noticed oil on the ground under my 2012 hydunai Sonata
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It seems to be closer to the passenger side. Didn't see any oil splattered on the engine. I do see oil on the under panel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes that's fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

is it a lot? was it recently serviced?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had the oil changed couple weeks ago. The car had been sitting for about day and half and there was a noticeable amount on the ground
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

Have you checked the oil level?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did and it showed just over the full line
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

and your positive its from your car??

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I went to town earlier today and when I got back home I parked in a different spot that's when I noticed the oil in the other spot. I waited alittle while and went back out looked under the car and could see where oil had dropped on the ground. That's when I checked the oil and looked until the hood good to see if oil was under the hood.
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

I would take it back to where you had the oil change done and have them double check the drain plug and oil filter.. Its likely from one of the two...If it was just serviced and they did not advise you of any leaks its likely their error..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I then looked under the car and could see evident of oil beneath the plastic under carriage
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would it have just started?
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

it could be residual from a spill. It could be you just noticed? The plastic shield should be removed and the car should be checked to see what the source is

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will see about getting a hold of them then
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

best of luck any other issues respond here

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you