George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Engine light came on, 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 6cyl. 3.5L.

Customer Question

Customer: Engine light came on, 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 6cyl. 3.5L. Diagnosis was both front and rear catalytic converters need replaced. I have a cost including $99 for diagnostic of over $1700 to over $2000 for parts and replacements. Is this in line and do you have any suggestions on a least inexpensive way of doing this.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what do you need to know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: What do you mean by if I am satisfied?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, in order to give you accurate pricing could you tell me of your vehicle has the 2.7 or 3.5 V6 engine?