George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I can't get the key out of the ignition in my 2009 Santa Fe.

Customer Question

I can't get the key out of the ignition in my 2009 Santa Fe. The car is in park but the accessory power is still on.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Adam Legler replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a Master and Advanced Level Certified Automotive Repair Technician with over 12 years experience and I've personally worked on over 25,000 vehicles. I see you have a question about your Hyundai and I think I can help you.

First, there are a couple tests I can help guide you through to determine if a component has failed causing your ignition to not return to the lock position. However, before we begin I'd like to know how comfortable you feel with removing components from the vehicle to either be replaced or tested. Also, please let me know if you have any questions for me prior to proceeding.

Hello again! Are you still in need of help with your Sante Fe? I look forward to being of assistance to you, I'm here to help!