Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

My car makes a pinging or clicking noise when it heats up. I

Customer Question

My car makes a pinging or clicking noise when it heats up. I took it to the dealership and he said that is normal and from the heat shield or catalytic converter. ..the car also seems sluggish when it shifts down. ...he said that us normal as well. It is a 4 cylinder and a 2014 sonata with only 8,000 miles on it....
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The type of noise you are describing is considered normal. Its common for the shield to creak and pop as it heats up and cools and that will cause the type of noise your hearing. As for the loss of power when it shift down in most cases if there is a actual problem the computer will detect it and set and store a fault code and turn the check engine light on. If you do not have a check engine light coming on then you likely do not have a problem.