Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

2011 Hyundai Sonata, traction control light stays on. have

Customer Question

2011 Hyundai Sonata, traction control light stays on. have checked wheel sensors for debris and appears the brake light switch has been replaced on recall. no other starting, running or driving issues. just the irritating dash warning lamp. suggestions ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Sorry to say this is one of those items you need to get a code for. This is because even though the wheel speed sensors look ok, there may be an issue with them. But, you also have a steering angle sensor, the yaw rate sensor and the control module itself. So, the best advice is to have the codes read, then go after the part that has failed according to the code. This can actually save you a lot of time and money. There isn't any specific goes bad all the time kind of part on these sorry to say.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah' yea. Answered quickly to tell me go have it scanned. That was worth 20 bucks.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, would you rather I said something like put a left front wheel bearing in it?

I don't want to give you worthless info and to be honest, if you got a code I would be more then happy to help you run the tests to make sure you replaced the correct part, or resolve a wiring issue.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Also, just so you know, I don't have your $20, the site takes that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look no offence intended but I'm trying to repair as inexpensive as possible and im not getting into a shell game today. I'll go buy a scanner or pay the local stealership then won't be able to afford the part. Sad but true
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

I understand you want to repair it inexpensively. I totally get that and it is why I do this, to help people.

But, if we don't know where to look, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. lol, I don't like telling folks to get it scanned and when it comes to a check engine light you have symptoms to work with, something like the traction control and abs system doesn't give us that advantage.

In the end, a simple scan will save you more then tossing all the parts at it until you happen to get lucky and get the right one. Assuming of course it's not a broken wire in the system someplace.

I do understand your issues, but it's the way things are done with this system