eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

I just had my warranty recall fixed, then driving home my

Customer Question

Customer: I just had my warranty recall fixed , then driving home my malfunction indicator light came on. Previous to the warranty fix, there was no issue!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I has
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I had a campaign 936 recall fix and had a new alternator and valve cover gasket replaced
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

the check engine light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine light is off, not an issue.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

what malfunction light is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the malfunction indicator light is onIs an exhaust gas related component.The just changed my alternator and
Gasket valve.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

have you contacted the dealer? have you had it scanned for trouble codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will contact dealer tomorrow am.
What will happen when I take it
Back to the dealer?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

it depends...is it still under warranty? generally they will look at it to confirm if they caused the malfunction or not.. If they did not they generally will ask you to pay a small diagnostic fee and will give you a written estimate.. Likley if it just happened today they may have done something incorrect and will cover it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Will hope for the best!
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you