AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

My 2013 hyundai elantra alarm keeps going off. we have

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and My 2013 hyundai elantra alarm keeps going off. we have unhooked battery so it will stop but it keeps going off if we hook back up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The alarm is continuing to go off on the car. unless we unhook the battery. I'm not sure what else you are wanting sorry
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will I get an answer soon. We are trying to fix our car
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Hello. This sounds like a hood switch problem. There is a rubber stopper under the hood that depresses the hood switch when the hood is shut. If that stopper isn't pressing fully on that hood switch then this problem will happen. The hood switch is located in the right front of the engine compartment. on the hood is the location of the rubber stopper. Check to see if that's the problem. open the hood and press in on the switch and see if the problem continues. If it does then the rubber stopper needs to be replaced. I will try to find you a picture

Here is a picture from our shop management software. It's not a great picture unfortunately but it does show it's location.

Try unplugging the hood switch and see if the alarm stops sounding.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dy1mjnhd81nm5y/ehs.jpg?dl=0

If this doesn't help you please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Did you get a chance to unplug that sensor? What was the result?