peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2012 sonata blows sensor 2 fuse. 2 weeks since last, no

Customer Question

Customer: 2012 sonata blows sensor 2 fuse. 2 weeks since last blown, no shorts in circuit now.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car runs great with good fuse. circuit feeds sensors, purge control,etc. can't find any shorts in harnesses. could a cam sensor short out when hot?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What will cause this here if all wiring is found to be o.k. is one of the sensors itself shorting out internally or drawing to many amps.This will cause the fuse to short out.This can be difficult to pinpoint in some cases since you would have to duplicate the fault but have one of the components it feeds unplugged one at a time to see if the fuse stops shorting out.When you come across the component that when unplugged doesnt short out the fuse this is the component that needs replaced.Yes for sure the cam sensor is one of the components that can cause this short out.

Unfortunately with it being so intermittent like this here it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact component at fault until it acts up again and continues to act up to where each can be unplugged one at a time to locate and replace the faulty component.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete