George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Wow I am ***** ***** and I have a 2006 Hyundia Accent, and

Customer Question

Customer: wow hi there I am ***** ***** and I have a 2006 Hyundia Accent, and in the summer my airbag light came on on the dashboard, and has not went off. I have been looking online to see if there were any recalls on this problem or what to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am concerned about the safety of the vehicle if the airbags are disengaged right now because this light is on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am, but what does it mean if satified that makes no sense.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Hello. there are no TSBs or Recalls on your vehicle for this issue. Most of the time when the air bag light comes on, its because there is a defective impact sensor somewhere in the vehicle. The only thing you can do right now is have the computer scanned for codes. There will be a code indicating which sensor is causing this. You will have to use a scan tool capable of reading air bag codes. Auto zone may be able to do this for you. If you can provide me with a code I can tell you which sensor is the problem and how to go about replacing it.