peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Had the VSS replaced 8 mo ago when the speedometer of my

Customer Question

Had the VSS replaced 8 mo ago when the speedometer of my 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe quit working. Now it has stopped working again and repair shop is saying it's the instrument cluster. Did they roll me 8 mo ago with the wrong fix? Or could it be possible that these 2 separate issues have happened this close together? They seem connected.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible that two different failures occured at two different times.I have seen this before with issues like this here.The first thing that needs checked is to have the VSS wiring and connector checked for any damage or corrosion.If a fault is found with the connection or VSS itself this will need repaired to correct this issue here.If this is all checked and found o.k. and the repair facility knows for sure the VSS is o.k. then the instrument cluster will need replaced to correct this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete