Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a 2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan and can't get the hood

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan and can't get the hood open. Cable is either broken or disconnected near the hood latch. How can I get the hood open??? Ive tried pulling on the end of the cable directly at the internal lever. it will move back and forth about as much as the lever would move it and if you try pulling on the end of the cable it will stop hard like the barrel at the latch end is still attached. When all assembled again there is no tension on the cable when pulling the internal lever. I have removed the right front wheel and well cover to see if I could access the latch...no luck there. I've also tried fishing around the latch with a wire hook through the grill. Please help!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing that may work if the cable is not broken is to have a help pull the release cable while you push down on the hood while tapping on it just above the latch. In some cases if its just binding it may pop open for you.