Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I am having trouble with a 2005 Hyundai Tucson...No Firing,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - And I am having trouble with a 2005 Hyundai Tucson...No Firing, and No Fuel...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The guy parked it one night and went out the next morning and it wouldn't start...Cranks fine...Has compression...I put a new crank shaft sensor in it and camshaft sensor in it...Still no fuel or spark.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thank you for using our service.

Sounds like it could be the immobilizer feature of the anti-theft system has been triggered. Is the anti-theft warning light on the cluster? Are you using the correct transponder key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The anti theft light is not on when the key is turned to the on position...And, I am using the only key on the key ring...I tried to manually lock and unlock the doors via the outside key lock. That didn't help at all.

By "the only key in the ring", do you mean it is the correct transponder key? Are there any of the original remote fobs available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the problem...It turned out to be a wire corroded off of the relay box under the hood...The wire fed the main relay...Fixed it and it runs good now.

I'm glad to hear the issue is solved. Have a Happy New Year!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy New Year to all of you guys too...

Thank you!