George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

How do we remove the room LP fuse (#18) from Hyundai Tiburon

Customer Question

How do we remove the room LP fuse (#18) from Hyundai Tiburon 2003? It is in a small, plastic yellow case/cover. We can open a small latch to view the top of the fuse, but cannot remove the entire yellow casing/cover where the fuse is housed so we can replace the fuse. There are four brackets holding the yellow plastic cover in place. Please help!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

That holder will come out if you press the outer legs together. Don'y force it and a t pin or straight pin can be used to push the legs in. You have to push both sides on both ends at the same time to get it to lift up. Remember that the holder is to retain the fuse in the unplugged position it was not meant to come all the way out so it takes some work.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello George,Our apologies for not responding. The car ended up in the shop for several days and I
did not have a chance to try your recommendation.We are getting the car back today and will try to remove the Room LP fuse based on your
description. I will email if we have any issues. Thank you so much for your help!Carol
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, please let me know how I can help. Remember that the holder is meant to be transported halfway around the world without falling out then the tech at the dealer pushes it home in the block so it takes some wiggling to get it to release.

Let me know if you have further questions

Thank you