eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

I replaced the brake light switch in my 07' Elantra, but the

Customer Question

I replaced the brake light switch in my 07' Elantra, but the brake lights stay on. There are no other electrical issues. Any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

adjust the switch

Without the brake pedal applied, adjust the gap between the end of the metal threaded housing of the stop lamp switch (J) and the stop lamp switch stopper (K).

Gap Specification:
1.0 ~ 2.0 mm (0.04 ~ 0.08 in)

8.Tighten the upper and lower mounting nuts.

Lower mounting nut torque specification:
5.8 ~ 7.2 lb-ft (0.8 ~ 1.0 kgf.m, 7.8 ~ 9.8 Nm)

Recheck the gap as described in step 7.

.Verify that the rear brake lamps operate normally when applying the brake pedal.

Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you