eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

Just picked up 2003 Hyundai Accent from repair shop,

Customer Question

Just picked up 2003 Hyundai Accent from repair shop, replaced clutch kit, master cylinder and slave cylinder. Had great working brakes prior to clutch job and now brake peddle goes to floor with minimal braking power when engine on. When engine off brake peddle is hard. Is repair shop responsible for this brake problem?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

did you say something to the repair shop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet just picked up car and drove home but realized brake problem immediately
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked before I left shop if they drove car to make sure all ok and they said yes they had. How could they possibly miss no braking?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

that should have been mentioned...I would turn right around..i would say they need to double check whats going on..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shop is closed for the night. I'm trying to figure out if there is a connection between the replacement job and possibly air in brake lines.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

unlikely I don't see the connection but you never know depending on how the tech took it apart...ya never kno because h sent the car out with no brakes..so anything is possible

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

sounds like a master cylinder failure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the master cylinder that is replaced for the clutch the same master cylinder for the braking system?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

no sir separate hydraulics 2 different systems

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm so frustrated. They had the car for weeks and when I finally pick it up the braking is horrible. I don't want to pay them any more money.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

im surprised you didn't turn right around...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know cars so thought it might be because the car had been sitting for weeks or something. I just drove it home and parked it. Trying to figure out what to say to them when I call them in the morning.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

I would ask why it was not test drove and why it had brakes on arrival and none on pick up...if the tech drove it why did they not advise you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answers and insight.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

any luck?

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.