George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

My 2010 Accent just stops while driving. The Auto repair is

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, my 2010 Accent just stops while driving. The Auto repair is telling me that is is the crank position sensor - is that likely?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, over the last week it has stopped daily. I will be driving and suddenly everything loses power.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sorry, I am at the auto repair now and they are waiting for a decision from me.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Hyundai tech.

Yes, a bad crank sensor can interrupt the ignition system from working. If the ignition system is not working the coil won't be firing the spark plugs. Therefore the engine will stop working or rough idle.

Is the check engine light on ?