eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

P1295 No definition available on a auter maxiscan ms300

Customer Question

Customer: P1295 No definition available on a auter maxiscan ms300
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I am in Drive, it does not get any power and I get to drive about 5mph
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am still waiting
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 11 months ago.

Hello, P1295 is vehicle specific, what's the year, model and engine size of your hyundai?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this is a 2007 Hyundai santa fe gls, 2.7 L, 6 cylinder
I am ordering a TPS that is on the way, because I also think it may be that sensor. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system is made of the components throttle body, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) 1 & 2 and Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) 1 & 2. The throttle body contains the actuator, the throttle plate and the throttle position sensor (potentiometer), which are integrated in one housing. The actuator consists of a DC motor with a two-stage gear. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. And it provides feedback to the ECM to control the throttle motor in order to control the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to the driving condition.

DTC DESCRIPTION
If power management mode is recognized under detecting condition, PCM sets P1295. And MIL (Malfunction Indication Lamp) turns on.

Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you