George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Here. Am trying to sort parking brake on Hyundai Tucson '06.

Customer Question

Customer: hi, ***** ***** here. Am trying to sort parking brake on Hyundai Tucson '06.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The cable has full travel on a little hook but no brake force applied. I removed the rubber bung on the hub and rotated hub 360 but could not see any adjuster.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ...okay... but I fear that the resolution may need a garage visit and spare parts.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 12 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The adjustment is shown at the bottom of the shoes in this diagram >click<

Let me know if you can find it there

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I've seen this diagram and I rotated the hub so that the access hole is at bottom. Using a torch through the hole I still cannot see the adjuster. I am considering removing the hub to inspect the caliper assembly. Its dark now and I will pick this up in the morning if thats ok? I can be online again about 10AM GMT. (Location: Dublin)

You should be able to see it though your rubber plug hole with a flashlight and reach it with a screwdriver.

If the rotor is fastened to then hub and not moving when you pull it (you have the brake caliper support off?) then it is not the park brake shoes holding it on but rust. First you remove the holding Phillips (crosshead) screw then spray a little penetrating oil around the hub center and the lug studs and smack the rotor hat three times with a heavy hammer. If the rotor still won't pop free install a pair of 8x1.25mm bolts in the threaded holes provided in the rotor hat and tighten them to push the rotor off the hub.

Let me know how I can help, 10am GMT is fine on my end.

Thank you