peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My 2001 elantra has check engine light codes of p0422 p0110

Customer Question

my 2001 elantra has check engine light codes of p0422 p0110 and u0d00
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The U code doesnt show up in my info on this model here and this code may just be a result of a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that isnt fully compatible.

Code P0110 indicates a fault with the intake air temp sensor.

Code P0422 indicates the catalytic converter has low efficiency.

Most likely the intake air temp sensor/mass air flow sensor has failed needing replaced or has wiring damage or has come unplugged.This will need checked/tested to locate and repair this here.

The code for the catalytic converter is usually a fault with the catalytic converter itself needing replaced.Check and see if there are any exhaust leaks needing repaired or exhaust components damaged and if these are o.k. the catalytic converter needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete