Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a 2013 elantra and the problem am having with the car

Customer Question

hi mike
i have a 2013 elantra and the problem am having with the car is that its hard shifting the Transmission from and to park .. and the manual gears only shifts to a lower gear,can't go up..whats going on with the car because i only have 46000 on the mileage
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing may be a problem with the shift cable. The place to start would be to disconnect the cable from the transmission and then see if the shiftier now moves freely. If it still binds then suspect a failing cable.