EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I have a 04 sonata 2.7 it has a very gh idle also dies when

Customer Question

i have a 04 sonata 2.7 it has a very high idle also dies when stopping at red light .....idle goes up and down but it only does this sometimes not all the time.........it runs great when my foot is on the gas pedal as soon as its off it sometimes will stall... recently i replaced a o2 senser b1s1 also crank senser ....and the spark plugs can you help
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its not
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. What it sounds like is the idle control valve is not working correctly. That is a little motor to control air flow for idle. It is mounted near the throttle body. You could attempt to clean it and see if you idle changes. That way you know if it is worth replacing or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i have read that a few sonatas with the same problems and they replaced that but they still have a problem thank you for your help i try cleaning it is there any special way i should clean it
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

A vacuum leak can cause that, a tune-up that is needed can cause that. The idle valve is most common to see at the dealer. Use brake cleaner or something like that. Do not lubricate it. Make sure the pintle valve moves in and out freely. Usually cleaning is not a permanent fix but may verify if it is not working correctly.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for viewing my last response. Please let me know if you need further assistance and please rate the service I provided. Thank you.